3rd Quarter Report
Fortunes may be turning around for the Warriors after losing six in a row. They have a bit of a cushion as they currently lead the Rockets 92-81.
If the Warriors keep playing like this, they’ll bump their record up to 7-8 in no time. On the other hand, the Rockets will have to make due with a 6-6 record unless they turn things around (and fast).
Houston Rockets @ Golden State Warriors
Current Records: Houston 6-5, Golden State 6-8
How To Watch
- When: Monday, November 20, 2023 at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Chase Center — San Francisco, California
- TV: NBC Sports – Bay Area
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Fubo (Try for free) Fubo’s holiday offer just kicked off – For a limited time, new subscribers can save $40 on Fubo’s Pro, Elite, and Premier plans ($20 off the first and second months)
- Ticket Cost: $65.00
What to Know
The Warriors are 10-0 against the Rockets since April of 2021, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success on Monday. The Golden State Warriors will stay at home for another game and welcome the Houston Rockets at 10:00 p.m. ET on November 20th at Chase Center. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they’ll have plenty of motivation to get the ‘W’.
The Warriors fought the good fight in their overtime contest against the Thunder on Saturday but wound up with a less-than-desirable result. They took a 130-123 hit to the loss column at the hands of the Thunder. The Warriors didn’t live up to their potential and found themselves falling short of the advantage oddsmakers thought they had coming into the game.
Despite their loss, the Warriors saw several players rise to the challenge and make noteworthy plays. Andrew Wiggins, who scored 31 points along with 3 assists and 1 steal, was perhaps the best of all. Wiggins continues to roll, besting his previous point total in each of the last three games he’s played.
Meanwhile, Houston was just a bucket shy of victory on Sunday and fell 105-104 to Los Angeles. The Rockets have now taken an ‘L’ in back-to-back games.
Golden State has not been sharp recently, as they’ve lost seven of their last eight games, which put a noticeable dent in their 6-8 record this season. As for Houston, they bumped their record down to 6-5 with that loss, which was their fourth straight on the road.
In addition to losing their last games, the pair failed to cover the spread. Looking ahead, the Warriors are the favorite in this one, as the experts expect to see them win by 7.5 points. Houston might be worth a quick bet since they’re sitting on a six game streak of covering the spread when playing as the underdog.
The Warriors were able to grind out a solid win over the Rockets in their previous meeting back in October, winning 106-95. Will the Warriors repeat their success, or do the Rockets have a better game plan this time around? We’ll find out soon enough.
Golden State is a big 7.5-point favorite against Houston, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Warriors as a 7-point favorite.
The over/under is set at 221 points.
Golden State has won all of the games they’ve played against Houston in the last 2 years.
- Oct 29, 2023 – Golden State 106 vs. Houston 95
- Mar 20, 2023 – Golden State 121 vs. Houston 108
- Feb 24, 2023 – Golden State 116 vs. Houston 101
- Dec 03, 2022 – Golden State 120 vs. Houston 101
- Nov 20, 2022 – Golden State 127 vs. Houston 120
- Jan 31, 2022 – Golden State 122 vs. Houston 108
- Jan 21, 2022 – Golden State 105 vs. Houston 103
- Nov 07, 2021 – Golden State 120 vs. Houston 107
- May 01, 2021 – Golden State 113 vs. Houston 87
- Apr 10, 2021 – Golden State 125 vs. Houston 109